Footage submitted to Videorista must meet the specifications below. Duration and File Size
Clips should be between 5 and 60 seconds and no larger than 4GB. File Format
All footage should be prepared as a QuickTime.mov file. Mp4 and .mpg formats are supported as well. A free program called MPEG Streamclip is available to convert all files to QuickTime .mov format. Frame Rates
23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 Resolution
We prefer HD and 4K footage, but accept any types and resolutions listed below.
(resolutions in bold are preferred)
- 4K – 4096x2160 4096×2160 4096×2304 4000×2160 3840×2160 3996×2160 4800×2700
- 2K & 2.5K – 2048×1080 2400×1350 2432×1366 2702×1520 2704×1520
- HD – 1920x1080 1280×720 1440×1080 (only if 1.778 aspect ratio) 1888×1062 1920×1088
- SD – 640×480 703×576 720×480 720×486 720×576
We prefer the following:
- PhotoJPEG - Non-DV progressive scanned video. Use the 75% / high quality level.
- MotionJPEG - Non-DV interlaced video. Use the 75% / high quality level.
- ProRes 422 / 422 HQ / 4444 – Export with as little compression as possible.
- H.264 - If encoding to this format use the “best” quality.
- PNG - Only use for footage (animation) requiring an alpha channel.
Footage should not contain any audio unless it enhances the clip, or is considered editorial content. Mobile device videos
We will accept HD video recorded with a mobile device but please keep the following in mind:
- When transferring your footage from your phone to your computer please be sure to use the device cable. Emailing/messaging the video as an attachment will result in loss of quality.
- Please keep in mind that on most phones the user-facing camera has a much lower resolution than the camera facing away from the user. We recommend you to only use the camera with the highest resolution